TO MAKE AN APPLICATION, SIGN ON TO OUR PAGE!
In the beginning of the academic year Studentboet organizes Emergency Housing for students who have not yet found accommodation. The Emergency Housing gives you as a student looking for housing, a possibility to book a bed at a subsidized price at a hostel in Uppsala. This means that the beds that we administer are rather cheaper than one could get by booking directly. The Emergency Housing is located at the hostel Hotell och vandrarhem Centralstation.
HOW AND WHEN CAN YOU BOOK A BED?
The emergency housing application form will open on the 8th of August for the fall semester of 2017. It is NOT POSSIBLE to make a reservation for a bed before that time! To apply for a bed, sign in at www.studentboet.se. The form will open and be available at THIS PAGE from the 8th of August.
DURING WHAT PERIOD CAN YOU BOOK EMERGENCY HOUSING?
The Emergency Housing will be open beteeen the 21st of August and the 1st of October. If the need arises the project may be extended.
WHERE IS THE EMERGENCY HOUSING - ABOUT THE HOSTEL
The Emergency Housing will be located at the hostel Hotell och vandrarhem Centralstation which is situated very close to the cental station, at Bangårdsgatan 13. At first, 24 beds will be offered at the hostel and later on, we will adjust the amount of beds to suit the demand. REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR OWN LINEN AND A TOWEL TO THE HOSTEL! If you don't have linen or a towel, you can rent this from the hostel for 75 SEK. A breakfast buffet is included in the price of the bed.
The hostel has shared showers and an equipped kitchen to be used by the guests. There are also laundry facilities at the hostel. Smoking and parties are not allowed.
APPLICATION AND BOOKING
To make an application for the Emergency Housing, follow these steps:
* MAKE AN ACCOUNT or (if you already have one) SIGN IN to www.studentboet.se. To make an application is free of charge.
* Find the application form under Good to know - Getting started - Emergency Housing.
* Complete the form (be as specific as possible). You may leave a special requests to Studentboet in the form, e.g. that you wish to stay in a female only room. We will try to accommodate your requests.
* Submit your application.
When you have submitted your application you will get an e-mail confirming that we have received your application. Studentboet will contact you when there is an available bed for you.
TO CANCEL YOUR BOOKING
Up until one week in advance, you may cancel your reservation and get a full refund. After that, you may still cancel your reservation but we cannot guarantee that you will get your money back. You will only get a refund in case Studentboet finds another student for the bed.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
The cost for the Emergency Housing is subsidized by Studentboet. The price is 150 SEK per night. You pay in advance (at the latest one week in advance) for your whole stay. More detailed information about the payment will be sent to you when your booking is confirmed. General rules about the payment:
* At the latest one week before you move in (or the same day that your booking is confirmed if it is less than a week until you move in) your payment should be completed.
* If you don't want to or cannot make a money transaction you can pay for your Emergency Housing at the reception at Uppsala Student Union. Both cash and card are accepted payment methods.
When your payment is received you will get an e-mail confirming this.
HOW TO CHECK IN AT THE HOSTEL
If you have paid for your stay and received a confirmation e-mail from us, you can go straight to the hostel and check in directly using your ID, passport or with your confirmation e-mail. If you haven't paid in advance you need to contact Studentboet to get further instructions.