What should I think about as a tenant?
1. Inspect the apartment/room before you agree to rent. If you cannot visit the housing, ask a friend to do it.
2. NEVER pay any money to the landlord before you have signed the contract.
3. Agree upon all terms before you move in.
4. Never accept the keys to be sent to you by mail.
5. Ask someone to read the contract/agreement. Compare your contract to our rental contract to be found under Documents and resources.
If something doesn't feel right, please don't hesitate to contact us and ask for advice!
When you move to study you should report your new address to the Swedish Tax Office. There are several reasons for this and some of them are listed below.
1. For your mail to be delivered. It is important that you get your mail on time, for example bills and information about your studies.
2. To make it easier to order things online. Many companies get your registered address automatically when you order something from them.
3. For subsidies and socal services. Subsidies and social services that can be affected by your registered address are healthcare and housing subidy.
4. For you to pay the right amount of taxes. The tax levels vary between the municipalities.